Friday, July 13, 2012

Original Question

Back to the original question.

Do I believe entire sanctification or progressive sanctification?

I believe in both.  We are progressively sanctified.  That is to say that as Christians, God's desire for us is to become more like Him and to be ever changing to be conformed to the image of His Son.

Initial sanctification (salvation) and entire sanctification are some goal posts along this path.  If anyone thinks that once he is entirely sanctified that he can sit back and coast into Heaven, he is completely wrong.  Entire sanctification is a sort of gateway into a closer relationship with God.  Yet, we are continually growing in this relationship.

I do not believe that we can grow into holiness.  That would be akin to saying that we grow into salvation.

I do believe that we are to grow in holiness.  We are to continually seek to be more like Christ in our everyday attitudes, thoughts, actions, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment